M.S., Information Studies, May 2013, 3.89 GPA
Focus on archives and special libraries
B.A., History, May 2009, 3.59 GPA
Focus on early American colonial era history and New Deal era history
The Ringling Sarasota, FL October 2014 – Present
- Maintain collections database for six-venue State Art Museum.
- Develop and oversee adherence to data standards, training Museum employees and performing quality assurance oversight.
- Lead the department in the advancement of digital initiatives that increase access to collection.
- Process, catalog, house, and display various Museum objects for regular display and special exhibition.
- Oversees annual inventory of over 10,000 objects.
- Directs the work of various interns, fellows, and volunteers.
Switchboard of Miami Miami, FL October 2013 – October 2014
Data Resource Specialist
- Maintained a database of over 5,000 human and social service agencies and programs, describing them utilizing standards and taxonomy set forth by the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems.
- Was responsible for database consistency, style standards, and taxonomic structure.
- Managed large contract for outsourcing of database management services to other agencies.
- Assisted clients in updating existing listings and adding new listings, ensuring that their programs align with the mission of Switchboard of Miami and qualify as an agency for referral.
- Coordinated activities between Switchboard of Miami and regional and national accreditation organizations, ensuring consistency of data and enhancing standards for information and referral services.
- Managed long-term projects to enhance the quality of data collected and disseminated by Switchboard of Miami, and to strategically position Switchboard of Miami as a leader in information and referral services in Florida and throughout the nation.
- Participated in training and development for more than 40 employees.
Alexander Architectural Archive Austin, TX January 2012 – May 2013
Graduate Research Assistant
- Fully processed Archive’s namesake’s collection, consisting of approximately 35 linear feet of historically significant material, making it available for researchers.
- Wrote a full appraisal report and processing plan, merging multiple portions of the collection received over a period of eight years.
- Wrote a DACS compliant detailed finding aid, encoding it in EAD and XML.
- Worked with Archive and Library staff to utilize processing activities and collection materials for donor outreach.
- Interviewed collection subject’s colleagues to learn about his professional work in order to enhance understanding of collection materials.
- Coordinated with Library staff in order concurrently process the donor’s 3,000-volume book collection.
- Participated in donor memorial exhibit instillation and dismantling and identified items from the collection for a future exhibition.
- Utilized social media and other channels of outreach to present the collection to University faculty and staff, demonstrating the collection’s usefulness and enhancing interest in utilizing collection for research.
- Acted as project manager and coordinated work of three part-time student workers for various ancillary processing activities.
- Cross trained to assist Library and Archive patrons in finding resources, including archival materials, published books, journal articles, and course reserve materials. Processed interlibrary loan books, inter-branch transfers, and general circulation materials.
Archival Processing Project
- Fully processed a collection of 3.3 linear feet for a University of Texas repository.
- Wrote an extensive appraisal report and processing for the collection.
- Wrote a DACS compliant finding aid, encoding it in EAD and XML.
- Created intellectual organization for professional, personal, and academic materials spanning four decades.
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Sarasota, FL May 2012 – August 2012
Art Library Intern
- Completed original and copy catalog records for art, design, and architecture materials.
- Implemented a series ten of subject guides to introduce users to the Library’s 90,000-volume collection. Created a plan to disseminate these subject guides to the local university community in an effort to expose our collections to faculty for research use.
- Completed an evaluation of a 130-item rare book collection, including condition assessment surveys, conservation planning, and provenance research.
- Facilitated the Museum Library’s interlibrary loan program, handling requests from a curatorial staff of seven, and a support staff of over 100 employees.
- Directly involved in measures to increase Library usage by general public and Museum visitors, including creating programs to attract families and children, and giving a presentation to 75 community members on a rare book collection.
- Participated in workshops covering different areas of museum practice, including registration, curation, conservation, and administration.
Sarasota County History Center Sarasota, FL May 2009 – October 2009
Cataloguing and Digital Archiving Project
- Created an archive for Cultural Resource Assessment Surveys (CRAS).
- Worked with the County archaeologist, archivist, and historic preservation specialist to catalogue and archive existing CRAS and make them searchable for future researchers.
George Washington’s Ferry Farm Fredericksburg, VA May 2008 – July 2008
Archaeological Field Intern
- Worked as an archaeological field technician on George Washington’s boyhood home, an 18th century domestic site, performing advanced open-area excavations under the direction of Dave Muraca.
- Gained experience in artifact identification, conservation, and cataloguing.
MANAGEMENT & SALES EXPERIENCE
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida Sarasota, FL July 2008 – July 2011
Health Center Manager
- Managed two health centers that serve a multi county service area.
- Directly managed a medical staff of 15, including registered nurses, advanced registered nurse practitioners and contract physicians.
- Maintained an annual budget of over $250,000.
- Controlled medical supply inventory – including regular inventory counts, inventory requisition and distribution, and development of inventory control systems – for a seven-health-center region.
- Provided support to regional patient services administration, working on projects such as medical form revisions and implementation of new services.
- Previously held a position coordinating logistical operations for Planned Parenthood’s Regional Headquarters, implementing security procedures, developing general protocols for a staff of 30, and assisting both the Director of Operations and the Facilities Manager.
Gap Sarasota, FL July 2006 – December 2009
- Provided excellent customer service.
- Balanced cash drawer daily and prepared daily bank deposits.
- Consistently met Gap Credit Card goals by selling new cards to customers.
- Provided support to the store manager through effective management of marketing materials, including sales promotions.
AmSouth Bank Bradenton, FL December 2003 – April 2006 Head Teller
- Handled all operations for a high-volume branch, including audits and cash controls.
- Supervised up to three employees directly and handled supervisory functions of up to seven employees in the branch, including interviewing, hiring, coaching, and discipline.
- Facilitated new teller training.
University of Texas Libraries May 2013
Harold W. Billings Staff Honors Endowment
• Competitive award received for recognition of exceptional job performance.
Student Association of the School of Information January 2011 – Present
- Represent the students of the School of Information to The University of Texas at Austin administration.
- Serve as a representative of the School of Information to the University’s Senate of College Councils and Graduate Student Assembly, a body responsible for working with University administration to represent the academic needs of the student body, developing University wide policy.
- Organize events to orient over 100 new students to the College of Information.
- Facilitated various other events, including Tea With The Dean, which promoted conversation between students and faculty.
- Created awareness of University wide issues among the students of the School of Information.
Equality Florida January 2008 – Present
Steering Committee Member
- Volunteer for a civil rights organization dedicated to securing full equality for Florida’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered residents.
- Serve on a local, twelve-person, standing Steering Committee, organizing events in the Sarasota area to support Equality Florida’s statewide work, raising over $50,000 annually.
University of South Florida 2011 Pride Alumni Award April 2011
- Received for outstanding contributions to the LGBT community.
- Archival knowledge and skills including Encoded Archival Description (EAD), Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS), and More Product Less Process (MPLP).
- Familiarity with PHP, HTML, XML (including authoring software EditX and oXygen), CSS, EAD, and EAC.
- Knowledge of relational database management system (RDBMS) design and implementation, including MySQL.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Non-profit accounting and fundraising software, including QuickBooks and Fundraiser Select.
- Proficient on both Mac and PC systems.
- Presentation, “The Bertha Palmer Book Collection at The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Library,” August 2012.
- Poster, “Developing New Tools for Stacks Management at the Alexander Architectural Archive,” May 2013, Society of Florida Archivists Annual Meeting.
- Poster, “Processing of a Foundation Collection: Blake Alexander’s Materials at the Alexander Architectural Archive,” May 2013, Society of Southwest Archivists Annual Meeting.
- American Library Association
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Round Table Newsletter Committee, July 2011 – July 2013
- Society of American Archivists
- Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS)
- Society of Florida Archivists
- Poster, “Developing New Tools for Stacks Management at the Alexander Architectural Archive,” Annual Meeting, May 2013.
- Society of Southwest Archivists
- Poster, “Processing of a Foundation Collection: Blake Alexander’s Materials at the Alexander Architectural Archive,” Annual Meeting, May 2013.